Building a Love of Reading
Reading out loud to kids has many benefits both academically and emotionally, even with older kids that can read independently. We're fortunate to have talented readers (like you!) record their readings to share with our Kaiser Woodland community.
Find all of our Read-Alouds on our YouTube channel.
Volunteer Your Voice
We are always looking for people to record a read-aloud video. The read-aloud videos are posted on our social media as well as our PFO YouTube channel for Kaiser-Woodland students and families to enjoy.
- You can use any recording device - phone, ipad or tablet, or computer webcam. If you are using a smartphone or tablet to record, be sure the camera is in the horizontal ("sideways") position.
- Start your video by introducing yourself and, if you like, your relationship to Kaiser or Woodland (i.e. “I am a 4th grade teacher at Kaiser” or “I am the aunt of a 2nd grader at Woodland.”)
- Important: Give credit to the author and illustrator of the book!
- Read your book as you would to a child sitting in front of you - allowing the viewer to see the page illustrations as much as possible and without blocking your face.
- End recording.
- Email a link to the video file to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the file is too large to email, a reputable cloud-based system like iCloud, DropBox, Google is a great solution.
- You’re done! THANK YOU.
Subscribe to Knightline
Stay up to date with our PFO newsletter.